March 13, 2012

Spring Decor - Frame Revamp

The weather is warming up and I am getting so excited for spring!
(And excited to make fun bright spring decorations)
 I wanted to incorporate lots of colors into this frame so it would match any decor I pulled out. So I dug threw my scraps and made a bunch of fabric flowers (the hot glued kind...so they are fast and easy!) Oh yeah, I also threw in two felt flowers to give it a little texture contrast.

I was actually using this frame so I wasn't sure if I should us it, but I'm so glad I decided to give it a little face lift. It's looking way cuter now, it's incredible what a fresh coat of paint can do.

I cut out the word "SPRING" with my Cricut using Sure Cuts A Lot so I could choose any font I wanted. Peeled away all the excess vinyl that I didn't was to transfer, and laid on my transfer paper.
 If you haven't ever used the transfer paper when using vinyl...you should it's a must. It keeps the letters together and where they should be, saves lots of time.
 Centered the word on the cleaned glass, peel off the transfer paper, and your done!

Originally I intended to leave the back off the frame so it was just the glass, which looked incredibly adorable, but all the walls in my house are white, so the contrast between the white frame and the white walls wasn't going over so well. 

 So I added the blue paper to make it stand out a little better. But if you have colored walls, I definitely suggest leaving the back off, I love the look of the the vinyl on the glass alone.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips