November 9, 2011

Thankful Turkey

Thanksgiving is just around the corner, I can't believe how fast the last few months have flown by. To help the family(mostly me) be a little more grateful, we made a thankful turkey. A perfect family home evening activity for November.

Everyday until Thanksgiving we write on one of these little notes and slip it into "Chief"...that's what we named our turkey. Then on Thanksgiving day we "carve" our turkey and read all of the things we are so thankful for.

Chief is made from a large chocolate milk can. I cleaned out the inside, pulled of the label, and cut a little slit in the lid for our notes. The Turkey and feathers were all cut out by hand and only took a few minutes. The thankful turkey was so quick and easy to make and so worth the gratitude he brings to the family.

Two days into it and I am already so thankful for...Chief, he helps me remember to be more thankful.

P.S. I'm in love with his little gobbler!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips