December 1, 2011

Finger Twister

I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a few simple stocking stuffers and today an idea hit me. I saw these cute little finger twister boards but was not about to actually pay money for them... I figured It wouldn't be to hard to make something similar on my own.
So if your interested in making your own go ahead and save these images to your computer and print them out on a regular size paper, they will end up being 5X5-6X6in' squares.

All you'll need is the images of the twister board and spinner that you print out, some sort of cardboard/chipboard(you could even use a cereal box), glue, a spinner, and a thumbtack.

You can make your spinner from cardboard or any stiff object you can think of...I got lucky and found these plastic arrows in our gogurt box(a free gift to help you roll your gogurt). ha ha Bet gogurt didn't know how perfect they would be for my finger twister board!!

First cut out your boards and glue them onto your chipboard. If by chance you are using spray glue like I did, make sure you spray the chipboard and not the paper(sometimes it soaks through the paper so I always spray the thicker material I'm using).

Trim up the edges and tack on your spinner. Make sure your thumbtack isn't pressed all the way in, so the spinner has room to spin of course. And to avoid being pricked by the tack, take some pliers and bend the bottom of the tack under.

And there you go, your ready to battle it out finger style!
(By the way my printer was running out of ink, Your colors will be way more vibrant)

Simple,fast and fun... perfect stocking stuffer for those game lovers!

11 comments:

  1. Stinkin adorable! What a fun idea. I think I might have to make some of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you email me these finger twister files? Cherylannscott@yahoo.com
    So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please email me these finger twister files. Thanks for sharing!
    holsd@herrickdl.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love this for a brain break for the classroom. Can you email me the finger twister files? abigailjmacdonald@gmail.com Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! This is so cool!

    I'll be warming up the fingers of my little ones with this game next week!
    Can you send me the finger twister files?
    Joke_goossens@msn.com

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!
    I love this idea for indoor recess. My students would love it and it's good fine motor skill practice. Could you send me the finger twister files? staplersstrategies@gmail.com

    Melly<><

    Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long trip, leaving this afternoon -- can't wait to try this game. I think my kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always looking for new ideas for my fine motor group! These are great! Could you send me the finger twister files? alicia.k.matthews@gmail.com

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Can you e-mail me the finger twister files? kwagnon@watrust.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another super easy solution if making a spinner is difficult for you or you don't have time to gather all the supplies: Just grab a large paper clip and a pencil. Show the kids how to put the paper clip down in the center of the board, place the pencil tip inside one end of the paper clip, and spin away. Works like a charm and even little kids can master the necessary motor skills.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our vision of the finger twister :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjH8DcM-aZo
    High quality useful notbooks with pencil :)
    contact : ninamau324@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips