November 16, 2011

Dresser Refinish

Ahhh it's finished....and I'm in love!

My parents gave me these old dressers when I got married, there not even that ugly but I knew they had potential to be much cuter. So after years and years and talking about refinishing them....we finally did it. So I sanded the top down, I probably could have sanded way more than I did...but I was just to excited to get painting. Taped this bad boy off, and got down to the fun part.

I don't know why I had the two-tone idea in mind but it was one of those ideas that gets stuck in your head until it's actually done... so I went with it, so glad I did.

I used Krylon spray paint in Ivory, the first coat I used the primer/paint in one. Two more cans of paint and the dresser was covered. Then I finished it off with a black glaze to show off all the scraps and dings...makes it look a little more antique.

The handles aren't my favorite, but they will do until I can afford new ones....which may be so long I will just forget about changing them anyways.

And a HUGE thanks to my sweet adorable husband for all his help, I couldn't have done it without you;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips